Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving this year was full of surprises. Trevin came home from school on Wednesday and announce that he had been chosen in his class as the best turkey gobbler and he received a large Hersey candy bar. We were all so proud, I guess it may have something to do with the fact that he is completely fascinated by all birds, plus my sister and I are always trying to make him make gobbling noises. Then on Thanksgiving morning we ventured out to do a little shopping before it was time to do the cooking. We managed to hit two stores and make it home in time for breakfast. That afternoon I put the Turkey into the roaster and continued to prepare for the feast. Well you see I was hosting this year and all seemed to be going well until about 10 minutes before everyone arrived, and my meat thermometer just wouldn't work. I call my dad and he brought his, an hour and a half later than planned we figured out that my roaster wasn't working properly. So we improvised and made it through. All in all we had a great day just spending time together as a family.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so glad that you survived. It is a huge job to cook for a family...fun...but a ton of work. I am glad nothing bad happened with the turkey at my house...I would have freaked out. You are a rock star. See you in a couple of weeks!

Anna said...

YOU ROCK, LARRA! That is tough stuff. Way to make the best of things! See you soon! :)