Monday, June 23, 2008

The Wedding Cake

This just happens to be there very first wedding cake that I have ever attempted and I think I did a okay job. My mother in law had said that she would do the wedding cake for my nieces wedding day. You see she had done about 5 cakes in the past but none of them were fondant which is the current in thing as far as wedding cakes go. I just happened to open my big mouth and say that I didn't think it look to hard, after all the episodes of Ace of Cakes that I have watched I must know something right? Anyway I agreed to help her and this was the final result. I have long enjoyed decorating cakes, generally just birthday cakes but wedding cakes have always been something that I wanted to learn to do. Now that I know I could actually pull it off I might just get some more training in the cake decorating field.
Here is my beautiful niece right before they put on her gown, I asked her to pose with my little girl who was one of her flower girls. It is interesting for me to look at this picture because ten years ago this beautiful bride was my darling little flower girl herself. Time sure does fly when your having fun.

4 comments:

Lucrecia said...

Larra, that wedding cake is gorgeous! I think you did an amazing job. I even clicked on the picture so I could see it bigger. Beautiful!
You have a lot of posts I haven't seen lately. Judging from your blog you don't look near as boring as you say you are :)

Emily said...

You truly are incredible. The cake is beautiful. I paid tons of money for mine and it didn't look half as good as what you did. You rock!

And how sweet that you now have a picture of "your flower girl" with "her flower girl". That is so sweet and such a wonderful moment. I guess we have to enjoy those moments and try and capture the beauty of them.

BTW: I totally missed you guys at crop club...seriously...it was so boring without you. I mean I love Anna...and I love to scrap...but you guys sure make it a lot more fun. See you next month for sure!

Dave, Lisa, Summer and Jace said...

Awesome job on the cake, you should definitely keep doing them. Maybe I'll have to hire your to make a fancy birthday cake sometime. :)

Michael and Tiffany Harper said...

Wow! Nice job! When I get married again will you make my cake? j/k! Larra, seriously...what can't you do?